- White Dwarfs Observed Turning into Crystals | Astronomy Sci-News.com
- Our Sun Could One Day Turn Into a Crystal Ball Gizmodo
- The sun will turn into a crystal and could wipe out all life in the solar system Metro.co.uk
- When the Sun Dies, A Giant Crystal Will Take Its Place Popular Mechanics
- The sun will turn into a ‘crystal ball’ in 10 billion years’ time Daily Mail
- View full coverage on Google News
Astronomers using ESA’s galaxy-mapping spacecraft Gaia have discovered the first direct evidence that white dwarfs form crystal cores of metallic oxygen and carbon.
At the end of its life, our Sun could end up as a crystal—and physicists now have observational evidence to back up that theory.
Will humanity survive long enough to witness the grim end of our beloved star?
After the sun engulfs Mercury, Venus, and Earth, it will shrink into an unimaginably dense crystal ball.
Scientists from the University of Warwick’s Department of Physics trained the Gaia space telescope on 15,000 white dwarf candidates within around 300 light years of Earth.