- Zimbabwe bans importation of meat from South Africa Bulawayo24 News
- South Africa: 'Foot-and-Mouth Disease Won't Affect Namibia' AllAfrica - Top Africa News
- South Africa's neighbors ban meat imports over foot and mouth disease The Standard
- South Africa's neighbours ban meat imports over foot and mouth disease EWN
- View full coverage on Google News
The Ministry of lands, Agriculture, Water, Climate and rural resettlement has immediately banned the importation of the importation of live, cloven hoofed anima...
Namibia's Meat Board said the current foot-and-mouth outbreak in the Limpopo province of South Africa will not affect Namibia because most meat products In Namibia come from the local market.
Foot and mouth disease does not affect humans but poses a threat to cloven-hoofed animals such as cattle, goats and sheep.
The disease, which causes lesions and lameness in cattle and sheep, was detected in a northern district of Limpopo province, South Africa’s agriculture department announced this week.
Two new cases of the drug-resistant STI have been confirmed